We treat babies, children and teenagers with a whole range of conditions ranging from mild developmental delay, or funny walks to the most severe and complex cases of cerebral palsy and brain injury.
We have extensive experience of working with babies and children with neurological conditions and syndromes that affect muscles, balance, posture, movement, co-ordination, growth, development and play.
Between us we have more than 100 years experience of working with children with neurological and neuromuscular conditions. We have undergone training in different approaches and assessments including foundation and advanced Bobath, sensory integration, Bobath approaches in hemiplegia and babies, Myofascial taping, Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy, surgery in cerebral palsy, foundation and advanced hydrotherapy, foundation and advanced rebound, training in conductive education, Profound curriculum and MOVE curriculum, Assessment of Motor and Process Skills, North Star assessment, Chailey and Oxford Postural management, GMFM, ABC assessment and other assessment tools, SEN bills and legislation most recently implications of the green paper… the list is endless.
Many of us are involved in various committees and we are all members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, Association of Paediatric Chartered Physiotherapists and the Health Professionals Council. Some are also members of other bodies including but not exclusively the Organisation of Chartered Physiotherapists in Private Practice, the British Association of Bobath Trained Therapists, The Association of Chartered Physiotherapists Interested in Neurology.
Amongst us we have:
- Manual Handling Trainers
- Medico-legal experts and expert witnesses to the tribunals services
- Executive Committee member of the Hydrotherapy Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (now ATACP)
- Assisted in the development of the CSP guidelines for good practice in hydrotherapy
- Professional advisor to physiotherapists in matters relating to hydrotherapy, pool management and design in paediatric, learning disabilities, neurological and complex disorders.
- Clinical and managerial lead for working party developing guidelines for passive stretching in neurological dysfunction.
- Involved in advising the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy in matters relating to NSF for children, long term conditions and learning disabilities.
- Invited key speaker/workshop moderator at American and European and UK conferences
- Lecturers and mentors to other physiotherapists, solicitor, teachers, parents and professional groups